Hours and prices
Monday to Friday 10am to 7pm.
We're happy to assist with the booking of your private tour, please contact us via email.
Special opening hours:
- Wednesday, 1 February 1 from 5 pm closed for private party
- Wednesday, 8 March from 3.30 pm closed for private company
The Swiss Finance Museum is closed on the following public holidays: New Year's Day (1 Jan), Berchtold's Day (2 Jan), Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Labor Day (1 May), Ascension, Whit Sunday, Whit Monday, Swiss National Day (1 Aug), Christmas Day (25 Dec), Boxing Day (26 Dec)
|Children up to 12 years old||free|
|Young people aged 12 – 18||CHF 8|
|Adults aged 18 and over||CHF 10|
- Prices including both the permanent and special exhibitions.
- Entry is free of charge for holders of a Swiss Museum Pass as well as members of ICOM/VMS.
- Free admission with Zürich Card. Holders of the Zürich Card can enjoy the city to the fullest and at the same time get great value for their money. You profit from unlimited travel by public transport, free or reduced admission to 41 museums, 50% discount on the Zurich Old Town Walking Tour and many more discounts.
- Discounts are not valid for private guided tours.
- Visits by school classes or private groups of 10 or more people must be booked in advance.
Museum at lunchtime - every Tuesday
Every Tuesday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.: for CHF 15, you receive an entry ticket to the museum, as well as a voucher for a sandwich or salad plus a soft or coffee drink at Café West.
The museum can be accessed using a wheelchair.
Free Wi-Fi "Finanzmuseum".
Cloakroom and lockers (CHF 1 deposit).
Taking photographs (without flash) is permitted in the Swiss Finance Museum. Post your experience directly to Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat with the hashtag #Finanzmuseum using our free Wi-Fi.
Strollers may be left in the vestibule next to the lockers.
Animals are not permitted in the exhibition rooms, with the exception of guide dogs.
Food and drink are not allowed in the exhibition rooms.
Free audioguide app for Android and iOS.
Getting here by train
- Take tram line 4 from Zurich main station toward Altstetten station until you get to the Sportweg stop.
- Take tram line 4 from Altstetten ZH station toward Tiefenbrunnen station until you get to the Sportweg stop.
You will find the Finance Museum in the SIX building situated directly opposite the stop.
Getting here by car
The Hard Turm Park car park has public parking spaces (subject to a charge), including disabled parking spaces. You can access the car park from Pfingstweidstrasse. Once inside the car park please follow the signs for building 110/SIX.
Download the free Swiss Finance Museum app (search for: "Schweizer Finanzmuseum" and change the language in the app) and let our interactive audio guide lead you through the exhibition in German or English.
YOU DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD AN APP?
The audio guide is also available as a browser-based webapp.
Public guided tours
Every first Thursday of the month, a guided tour of the Swiss Museum of Finance (permanent and special exhibition) takes place. Your admission to the museum entitles you to take part in the public guided tour. No registration needed. The tour is held in German. For English tours please contact us.
- Thursday 2 February 2023, 6 -7 pm
- Thursday 2 March 2023, 6 -7 pm
- Thursday 6 April 2023, 6 -7 pm
- Thursday 4 May 2023, 6 -7 pm
- Thursday 1 June 2023, 6 -7 pm
- Thursday 6 July 2023, 6 -7 pm
Tours are held in German. For an English public tour, please contact us.
Private guided tours
Book a private guided tour for your group, team outing or club. We offer tours in German, English or French. Register one week prior to your desired date.
Price: CHF 130.- plus CHf 8.- per Person entry fee.
Private guided tours can be booked during or outside opening times, and can be followed up with a reception if you wish. We are happy to discuss this with you. Register for a private tour plus reception at least two weeks prior to your desired date.
We are also offering tours specifically tailored to school classes at a reduced all-in rate. Contact us for a tailored quote.
In addition we also offer virtual tours.
New: Crime & Wine - the museum game (german only at the moment)
Crime & Wine - the slightly different guided tour format: a museum game for adults in which important stages of economic history are experienced through active participation: The police need support. You solve the criminal case, enjoy a glass of wine and learn about important stages of economic history.
Price: CHF 240
Number of persons: Maximum 10, between 5-8 players recommended.
GUIDED TOURS FOR CHILDREN AND STUDENTS
For children and students, we offer workshops and guided tours with a clear curriculum reference and appropriate to age: for primary school classes we offer workshops and for students starting from secondary school level I on guided tours appropriate to their level. Please see the flyer for details (german only).
Private individuals / institutions:
We also offer for private individuals and institutions the children's workshops in a slightly averted, freer form, bookable also as a children's birthday party. For details please see this flyer.